Monday 17 September 2012

CP2 - 15.8 miles in the POURING RAIN



Well it really is chucking it down now as our runners come through CP2 and are over halfway through the day... Vicky is just under 30 minutes behind Jenni and Cathal so is doing well to keep up the pace. What doesn't help is the torrential rain and the long and not very winding road they are running on today. I remember it from my run last year... thankfully I was joined by Richard Donovan who kept me sane but this was definitely the worst day in terms of terrain as you are on very long straight roads for most of the day and you don't feel like you are getting anywhere...

Anneke is doing a grand job cycling up and down to her geeing her on to each checkpoint, so a BIG thanks to Anneke she's a legend:-)

More from the final checkpoint...

www.ultrarace.co.uk home of The M2M Ultra - Ireland's Toughest Footrace.

2 comments:

  1. Good on you Anneke,it's always good for someone to have someone throw in some extra motivation. Vicky won't mind the rain really, although I'm sure she is cursing at various things right now. Vicky actually likes quite harsh weather-which makes her bonkers I suppose! So it simply is..."DIG IN"...!Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you can finish this Vicky, you're tough as nails. We're all proud of you. Rich from aspire.

    ReplyDelete